Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Colors Of My Life

The colors of my life, are bountiful and bold!

The purple glow of indigo, the gleam of green an’ gold!

The splendor of a sunrise, the dazzle of a flame,

The glory of a rainbow, will put ‘em all to shame!

No quiet browns or grays, I’ll take my days instead,

And fill them ‘till they overflow, with rose and cherry red!

And should this sunlit world, grow dark one day,

The colors of my life, will leave a shining light,

To show the way!

No quiet browns and grays, I’ll take my days instead,

And fill them ‘till they overflow, with rose and cherry red!

And should that sunlit world, grow dark one day,

The colors of my life, will leave a shining light,

The colors of my life will light the way!

--"The Colors Of My Life" by Perry Como

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I loooove the colors! It looks like a watercolor painting! So pretty! And I love your lips! (lol does that sound weird? xD) Now I must know what you used to make this look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks o^_^o!
    I've never thought of it like that, and now I see it :o

    And nah o^_^o
    I've always hated my mouth area (big long story of "childhood trauma" and being made fun of a lot), so that's a really sweet compliment o^_^o
    Thank you :)

    For the actual colour bit, I used the 88 Shimmer palette. I used more of the brighter colours (not many of the dark ones near the bottom, but not really many of the high light colours either). Then, for the orange and yellow (which never appear good on my skin), I used 2 Jordana eyeshadows. One was "05 Orange" and the other way "04 Yellow". And I also used a MAC pigment called "Chrome Yellow".

    For the lips, I first put on 919B (by Wet N Wild. It's a dark purple), then mixed it with 405B Blue Rose by NYC, and then applied more of the Blue Rose in the enter.
    Though first I took a white eye pencil and outlined the top part of it to get it right, ya know??

    Then I filled in my brows, did the lines, and all that jazz :P

    The lashes are from Pretty&Cute and are called "Twinkle"

    http://prettyandcute.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=25_191&products_id=1439

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ;D

    Butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh okay, thank you! :) Yellows and oranges are hard to find, but I got a few nice ones from BFTE that I'm excited about. And the more you talk about them, the most I'm seriously jonesing for some lipsticks lol. I might check out some of the W&W ones next time I go to CVS or wherever. ;3
    Thanks for the info! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. xMicrobiologyx
    Thanks gurlfran :)


    Emily
    I'm gonna have to find time to read your review on your BFTE haul.
    All the colours look so pretty and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete